Thursday, March 19, 2009

New Kicks and New Hardware

I can't remember who we have told and who we have not, so here is our latest and hopefully last piece of hardware. Davis got his SureSteps yesterday. They are orthotics that he wears on both feet to help stabilize and allow everything to grow and strengthen the right way. We opted for the construction theme and they came with these cute new balances. For those that do not know, Davis was born with his right foot up, completely against his shin (possibly stuck in a rib?). Fortunately it did not require further medical treatment than stretching (at each diaper change!) and a trip to Children's to the ortho doctor, but now that he is walking this is the next step. I say last peice of hardware referring to Davis's helmet (add to the list torticollis and plagiocephally). Apparently Davis was a little "crowded" in there. That was pre-blogging days, so I included some pictures because, well they are just too cute not to show off!



this was the night we got home from Children's
love to scrapbook, can you tell?

3 comments:

MC(B)Y said...

Those cheeks!!! I can't get over them, they are so dang cute.

The Bertram's said...

my gosh - foot on the shin that would be painful - he was crowded in there!!! Love the new kicks - too cute. It was so great seeing you all the other day - it was such a treat.
Love ya,
Devin

Leanne said...

You did such a good job on his helmet-I would love to see your scrapbooks!! The new balance kicks are great!